Friday, June 15, 2007

the african hangover

is going to last a while. at least as long as my tan does. i've been back a week & i'm still shocking assorted people. 'ooooooooooh, what happened to you!', is the common refrain. that, of course, is the cue for my african story. i've told it several times. and i still haven't told much of it.

trouble is, i'm still figuring it out. and by the time i figure it out, i might not want to tell the tale any more. even if i do, you might not want to hear it any more. and that's just the way it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)
I should hear that tale very soon..
Awesome pics by the way!

Satish said...

hey,

I can imagine the horror on relative's faces seeing the dark tan from Africa!

Tell the tale multiple times, I bet you will remember different details each time. So write them all down, all the versions and make an essay out of the top 5 versions! Or blog it and we will help you pare it down. But do tell that story multiple times without a hint of any fatigue, as if you were telling the story for the very first time and just after stepping out of Africa. I can't wait to hear the version you are going to tell me. I am very happy for you that you got to go on that trip!

footloose said...

fiiiiiiiine. just wrote up the tale. the beginning of it, anyway. check it out!